Monday, May 24, 2010

I've created a form on my webpage but what should my perl script look like?

I've been going nuts for the last six hours!!


I've been working on formmail and can't get it to work. here is what I've got in my html form: (yourdomain is obviously replaced with my real domain)





%26lt;form method="POST" action="http://yourdomain.com/formmail.p... target="_top"%26gt;


%26lt;INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="recipient" VALUE="test@yourdomain.com"%26gt;


%26lt;INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="subject" VALUE="Quote From WebSite"%26gt;


%26lt;INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="redirect" VALUE="http://yourdomain.com/thanks.htm"...


%26lt;INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="required" VALUE="email,phone,your_name"%26gt;


%26lt;INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="sort" value="through,your_name,phone,fax,email...





Now my question is: What am I supposed to put into my "formmail.pl" script?





Also, I use Yahoo and they said I can just insert it in my directory without a cgi-bin. Is this true?

I've created a form on my webpage but what should my perl script look like?
If you're talking about the formmail.pl program that's all over the web? You're not supposed to do anything to the formmail.pl Perl code itself. As long as you didn't change any names or semantics of the %26lt;input%26gt; entries, the formmail program will handle them all correctly. As for where Yahoo tells you to put it... WHY DON'T YOU JUST TRY IT AND SEE???


No comments:

Post a Comment